In this week's Sound for Video Session we run through several questions:
- How to get sound to a director?
- How to mix lavalier mics for dual talking head shots?
- Advice for working with crews?
- How to set gain for Senheiser G3 system?
- Recommendations for wireless systems in the less than 600 GBP range
- Affordable recorders for nature and concert recordings
Previous session: G3 Wireless hop to camera or director
Zoom H4n Pro - Affordable, decent stereo recorder for natural sound and concerts
Zoom H5 - Affordable, slightly better stereo recorder with better input controls
RODE NTG4+ - Shotgun mic with better rear rejection, slightly mid-range sound
Aputure Deity - Shotgun mic with slightly better sound but lets in more sound from the sides and back
The name of the iOS app which defines many of the terms you need to know when working on set of a larger production is Gobo. It looks like it may not longer be available in the US App Store. :(
Copyright 2017 by Curtis Judd
Ethics statement: Some of the links above are affiliate links which means that if you click on them and buy, I get a small commission. You don't pay more by clicking these links than if you just went to the retailer’s web site on your own. I use the proceeds to buy additional gear to review and help you improve your sound, lighting, and video. Thanks for your support!