Lots and lots of items in queue for upcoming videos. Here's a sampling:
- Blackmagic Design Ursa Mini Pro - we already looked at the analogue XLR microphone inputs. Next we're going to test the AES digital input features. This should be a good way to let your high quality mixer or recorder to do all the important sound work and just pass a pristine digital audio track over to the camera to write it with the picture. This could greatly simplify the workflow for my corporate video production work.
- Panasonic GH5 and its XLR audio adapter. Yes, even though I recently bought the Ursa Mini Pro, I also have a GH5 on order for use as a 2nd camera and for when I need a smaller rig. We won't be focusing so much on the camera's picture capabilities, there are lots of other reviewers handling that for us, but we'll focus on whether that XLR audio adapter delivers the quality of audio we're hoping for.
- Electrovoice RE20 Dynamic Broadcast Microphone for voice over - I've been working with this mic for about 9 months now and find it to be a great option if you're doing a good bit of voice over in acoustically untreated rooms.
- Audio interfaces. Time to have a look at some affordable audio interfaces for recording and for feeding a balanced signal to monitors.
- Smaller, more affordable reference monitors
Thanks for everyone's support and enthusiasm. I love that we're learning all this together!