In this week's Sound for Video Session we covered several questions from you:
- Recommendations for earset microphones?
- Can you use two mics placed on separate sides of a person so you can record them when they turn the other direction?
- Shotgun Microphone Recommendations?
- Setting gain for line inputs
- Sound perspective: Using a camera mic and lav at the same time
- Record with audio recorder or send audio recorder output to camera?
- Does using the side lobe of a shotgun microphone sound better than using the mic on axis?
- Where should you aim a shotgun mic - mouth, throat, or chest?
My Recent Short Film Passion Projects:
The Music Maker:
Gear Discussed/Used in this Episode:
JK MicJ 071S Headset Microphone: http://amzn.to/2liQ055
Sennheiser ME66 Shotgun Microphone (Has recently increased in price rather dramatically)
My Microphone Meta Review (My favorites from all the mics I’ve used):
Overview of the Zoom F-Control for Zoom F4 and F8 Recorders:
Ethics statement: Some of the links above are affiliate links which means that if you click on them and buy, I get a small commission. You don't pay more by clicking these links than if you just went to the retailer’s web site on your own. I use the proceeds to buy additional gear to review and help you improve your sound, lighting, and video. Thanks for your support!