In this week's Sound for Video Session we run through several questions:
- Why is my shotgun mic picking up everything in the room?
- Why do I get clicks and noise with my wireless microphones?
- Should I use a blimp cover on my shotgun microphone indoors?
- Which DAW audio editing app should I use if I don’t want a subscription?
- How do I send sound from a mixing board to my camera?
- Which loudness standard do I use when loudness normalizing my audio?
- Which shotgun microphone and wind cover should I choose?
Broadcast Loudness Standards (tc electronic)
For internet delivery, Paul Figgiani recommends -16 LUFS for stereo, -19 LUFS for mono audio
Audio Editing Apps (DAWs)
Electrovoice RE50L Dynamic Microphone (Voiceover for this session was recorded with this)
Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro (Recorded the talking head portion with this camera)
Copyright 2017 by Curtis Judd
Ethics statement: Some of the links above are affiliate links which means that if you click on them and buy, I get a small commission. You don't pay more by clicking these links than if you just went to the retailer’s web site on your own. I use the proceeds to buy additional gear to review and help you improve your sound, lighting, and video. Thanks for your support!