In this week's Sound for Video Session we run through several questions:
- Why is my shotgun mic picking up everything in the room?
- Why do I get clicks and noise with my wireless microphones?
- Should I use a blimp cover on my shotgun microphone indoors?
- Which DAW audio editing app should I use if I don’t want a subscription?
- How do I send sound from a mixing board to my camera?
- Which loudness standard do I use when loudness normalizing my audio?
- Which shotgun microphone and wind cover should I choose?
Broadcast Loudness Standards (tc electronic)
For internet delivery, Paul Figgiani recommends -16 LUFS for stereo, -19 LUFS for mono audio
Audio Editing Apps (DAWs)
Electrovoice RE50L Dynamic Microphone (Voiceover for this session was recorded with this)
Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro (Recorded the talking head portion with this camera)
Copyright 2017 by Curtis Judd