DaVinci Resolve is an amazing video post app for editing, coloring, adding visual effects, and mixing sound. And with free and studio versions, anyone can produce very high quality videos and films. Fairlight is the incredibly powerful audio mixing module within Resolve.
We are happy to announce a new mini course on how to edit and mix dialogue and simple music intros and outros.
In the course, we’ll teach you:
- How to configure the Fairlight settings
- Import and sync your audio clips
- How to get around the Fairlight page
- How to use track layers
- How to choose which mic to use in a dialogue edit
- How to set up your channel mapping
- How to use keyframes and automation to dynamically adjust track and clip levels
- How and when to bounce tracks and timelines
- How to loudness normalize your final mix
One of the tricks with online courses is what to do when you have a question. We have you covered there. You can email me any time when you sign up for the course. We also hold weekly Sound for Video Sessions where we cover sound for video topics in more depth and even have Q&A sessions once or twice a month.
Music from Artlist: Sunday by Rich Young Pixies - Amazing Journey. You can receive a 2 month discount on a subscription to Artlist, a subscription service for stock music you can use with your videos. Check it out at Artlist.
Copyright 2019 by Curtis Judd